Monday, November 9, 2009

Pie in the Sky

Part of my desserting is to have special feature on pies from local diners. What better way to kick the special pie blog than with a pie tasting happy hour!

Last Thursday Dann and I attended Tavern on Camac's Manna Pie In the Sky pie tasting happy hour! Disarano on the rocks and pie, what could be finer!

Choices included apple, southern pecan, pumpkin, sweet potato and a non pie... Cheesecake with chocolate. I was excited to taste the pecan pie because that is personally one of my favorites. I must say that the pecan pie, although tasty, didn't have enough pecans for my liking. I like my nuts.

The apple pie was quite applely.

The sweet potato taste a tad like the pumpkin.

I have yet to decide which I will buy. I have a feeling I will stick with the pecan.








No comments:

Post a Comment